9.00 – 9.30 Registration & Coffee
9.30 – 9.40 Welcome, housekeeping and introduction to the 3rd Unconvention.Stephen Rowley
- The ways we look at Mumming. Peter Harrop
10.00 – 11.00 Panel 1
- Traditional drama in Newfoundland: text, context and performance.John Widdowson & Paul Smith
- Mummers, Janneys and Naluyuks of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Lynn Lunde
11.00 – 11.30 Coffee and Refreshments
11.30 – 12.30 Panel 2.
- Unspoken cultural knowledge: Understanding the endurance of Mumming in Northern Ireland, through performance ethnography. Threase Finnegan
- Reverend George Low and the sword dance in Shetland. Paul Smith
12.30 – 2.00 Lunch
2.00 – 3.00 Panel 3.
- Too Much Knowledge? Experience in show creation for rural touring with the Fabulous Old Spot Theatre Company. Oliver Crick
- Mumming is not acting: What is it, why is it important and how do we gain the public’s trust? Ron Shuttleworth
3.00 – 4.00 Open Discussion and Endpieces*. (Tea served 3.45) (Chair) Peter Harrop
- The Winchcombe Mummers – Journey to 2013. Cressida Pryor
- The Widcombe Mummers – Creating a Tradition. Ian Gilchrist
- The Penny Plain Theatre – From Street Theatre to Mumming. Andrew Jackson
* Time permitting the end pieces may be delivered at the conclusion of the panels.